Sunday, August 17, 2008


I came across the OCZ 64GB SATA-300 2.5" Solid State Drive. Talk about a cool drive to own right now. I can hear my laptop screaming at me to replace the hard drive even as I write this. Of course right now the cost for this hard drive is about $1100 CAN$; not something I'm willing to put that much money towards. Many people claim to have a large increase in system performance after installing this drive. One guy even claimed he went from POST to his windows desktop in about 9 seconds after a fresh install.

I don't see myself buying one anytime soon though. I find myself wanting to put food in my belly rather than saving a few seconds of load time on my laptop. I can see solid state drives taking off in the years to come as prices drop and storage capacities increase. Personally I was hoping for a more radical type of mass storage like laser-based hard drive technology but this will do for now.

No comments:

Featured Items at Simply Graphics