Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cute Little Baby Penguins


I was messing about in photoshop today and came up with this simple little character. Isn't he cute? Every time I make a new depiction of this toon I point at it and shout, "kuwaii". I think it means "cute" or something similar in Japanese. My boyfriend hates it when I do that so I do it to get a rouse out of him.

I know he looks like a South Park character but he's not inspired from that show at all. My inspiration was to create a cute little character using only shapes. It's sort of funny to use the most basic of tools in a powerful piece of software like photoshop. Sort of like buying a Ferarri and never taking it past 50km/h (30mph).

I made up an 8.5" x 11" digital collage sheet of 24 of these litle guys that you can buy at simplygraphics.etsy.com for only $3.00. When you print out the sheet each picture is sized for 1" x 1" square at 300 dpi, so it's very high quality. I will be making more theme based one in the near future so keep an eye out.

No comments:

Featured Items at Simply Graphics